Saturday, April 15, 2017

Come With Us - 2/22/17

Scripture  
Numbers 10:29,32,33  Now Moses said to Hobab, son of Reuel the Midianite, Moses father in law, "We are setting out for the place about which the Lord said, 'I will give it to you.' Come with us and we will treat you well, for the Lord has promised good things to Israel."  
He answered, "No, I will not go.  I am going back to my own land and my own people."  
But Moses said, "Please do not leave us.  You know where we should camp in the wilderness and you can be our eyes.  If you come with us, we will share with you whatever good things the Lord gives us."  

Observation
Hobab was Moses' brother in law - Zipporah's brother.  He was very familiar with the terrain and all the good land as the Israelites traveled the wilderness led at night by a pillar of fire, and a cloud by day.  Moses promises favor and good treatment if Hobab just comes along.  Moses earnestly implores Hobab to stay with them.  His final plea was to say, "If you come with us, we will share with you whatever the Lord gives us.  Receive the promises of God."  

Application
Moses is headed to the promised land - Canaan.  We should ask/plead with family, friends, and acquaintances, to come with us. Come with us as we follow God.

Prayer
I want to take as many as will come with me Lord.  Give wisdom and grace I pray as I encourage others to join me in my pilgrimage to the promised land to receive all your blessings and promises.  In Jesus Name.  A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment