Saturday, April 15, 2017

Just Because I Asked 3/16/17

Scripture 
1 Corinthians 1:26-29, 31 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called.  Not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were influential, not many were of noble birth.
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.  God chose the lowly things of this world and despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are.  So that no one may boast before Him.  Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.

Observation
Consider your life before Christ.  God chose us not because of anything good in us, but because we need Him.  We are foolish, weak, base - the lowest of low without a moral compass to guide us.  Despised, selfish, and self-centered.  We have nothing to boast about.  But God called us and by His love and grace - we are in Christ Jesus.  Jesus who is Wisdom, Righteous, and saves and redeems us. 

Application
Just because I asked - God gave me the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ.  I will therefore boast in Him and talk excessively about what great things He has done for me.

Prayer
Father, just because I asked, You saved me, called me, filled me with Your Holy Spirit power and grace.  I need You in my life every hour of every day.  You are my strength and song!  I pray that the lost will come to you and just ask and receive your love and forgiveness.  I am thankful, I asked - in Jesus Name, A-men.  

No comments:

Post a Comment