Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Time with Jesus January 4, 2018

Scripture 
Acts 4:13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.

Observation
"It is not education, wealth, position or political influence, that makes us competent or qualified to do great things for God.  Rather it is time spent with Jesus that makes us ready for His purposes."

Application
Spend time connecting with Jesus every day, at His feet, listening, talking, singing, reading His word, instead of worrying about my level of 'preparedness' or knowledge for the task ahead.  God will make me ready for all He wants to do through me as long as I seek Him with my whole heart and rely upon Him every step of the way.

Prayer
Father, I receive this word in the midst of our church transition.  It is not a title that affirms me, but it is Your Presence with me that gives me courage and authority to do the things You've called me to do so that You might complete in me what You have begun. Time spent with You Lord is never wasted time.  It makes me ready for whatever You have purposed for me for the tasks - the good works You have prepared in advance for me to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment