Thursday, April 7, 2016

Hope

Scripture 
Ruth 1:20 – 21 She said to them, “Do not call me Naomi, call me Mara for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me.   I went away full, and the Lord brought me back empty.”
Ruth 2:20 And Naomi said to her daughter in law, “May he be blessed by the Lord, whose kindness has not forsaken the living and the dead!”  Naomi said, “The man is a close relative of ours, one of our redeemers!”
Ruth 4:14-15 Then the women said to Naomi, “Blessed be the Lord, who has not left you this day without a redeemer, and may his name be renowned in Israel!  He shall be to you a restorer of life and a nourisher of your old age, for your daughter in law who loves you who is more to you than 7 sons, has given birth to him.  Obed, father of Jesse, father of David.

Observation 
Naomi left full and came back empty – she thought!  She had a husband, two sons, two daughters in law, and had made a home, but then it was all gone.  Or was it?  Ruth clung to Naomi even after Naomi tried to send her back to her own people.  Ruth stayed.  God had a hope and a future through Ruth for both Naomi and Ruth and for Boaz!  Naomi didn’t realize that she was trying to send her ‘hope’ away – but Ruth clung to her.  “Your God will be my God . . . your people my people.”
How excited and full of hope Naomi became when she remembered that Boaz was a kinsman redeemer!  And he liked Ruth – a lot.  Naomi had a plan and instructed Ruth what to do – and eventually Boaz and Ruth were married!  They had a baby! A son.  And they all lived happily ever after. 

Application 
Hold onto hope!  God has a plan for me and He is faithful!  God will make a way!

Prayer 
You O Lord, are faithful O Mighty Redeemer!  May I cooperate with Your divine plan for my life and never send ‘hope’ away.  I will hope and trust in You, and rejoice and sing that my Redeemer lives!  In Jesus Name, A-men.

Sweet:  Boaz was the son of Salmon and Rahab.  Salmon, according to Jewish tradition was one of the two spies sent to Jericho who found shelter at the home of Rahab the harlot.  She hid the two spies from danger under the stalks of flax on her roof until it was safe for them to report back to Joshua.   
Read Joshua 2, Matthew 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment