Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mothers Day - 'Let the little children come'

Scripture 
Matthew 19:13-14  Then children were brought to Him that He might lay His hands on them and pray.  The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for such belongs to the Kingdom of Heaven."

Observation
Let the little children come to Jesus.   Do not keep them from Him.  Let them go and Jesus will lay hands of blessing on them.  The disciples thought they knew best by keeping the little ones from Jesus.  Were they too young, too noisy, too full of fun and chatter?  Is God just for 'grown ups'?  No of course not.  At what age then can the little children come?  Can a toddler, or infant?  What of the still born or babe who never takes a breath?  What of the aborted, miscarried, or untimely demise?  Who can hinder one from coming to Jesus?  No one.  
Jesus calls and the littles ones immediately hear His call to 'Come' and they joyfully go to Him.   

Application
Because I love, trust, hope, and have faith in God - I let go and let the children be with Jesus.  I read this scripture verse this week and immediately thought of the grief and sorrow I have in my own heart over a recent loss.  Jesus reminds me, "Let the children come to me."  So I open my heart and open my hands once again and release to God, along with the hopes and dreams one has with the promise of new life, and say, 'good bye and farewell little one - I will hold you in heaven.'  

Prayer
Thank You Lord.  Blessed be the Name of the Lord who gives life and blessing!  Blessed be the Name of the Lord who takes away! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!  A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment