Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Don't Let Your Heart Be Hardened

Scripture  Acts 28:27  For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears and they have closed their eyes.  

Observation  Disbelief and arrogance kept the Jews from hearing and seeing the truths the Apostle Paul was proclaiming the gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ.  They refused to listen and submit themselves to the love of God, His righteousness, and the gift of His beloved Son Jesus.  Some believed but some did not.  The word of God presented to some who were sincere and seeking God while others closed their minds and hearts to God.  They had heard about this 'sect' that Paul was a part of - and they came, but their minds were already made up and their hearts hardened and closed to the the truth that would set them free!  

Application  Guard my heart!  Keep my heart before Jesus and be thankful - keep my heart from sin, prejudice, and self righteous attitudes.  Open myself to God's instruction, correction, and healing.  Allow the Holy Spirit to open up areas of my heart that have become hardened and calloused.  

Prayer  Father God, help me to guard my heart and open myself to your correction.  Where there is anything in me that keeps me from loving You and loving others, purge me and make me clean.  Forgive me for attitudes of prejudice, arrogance, self righteous thinking.  Restore to me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me.  May I hear Your voice, may I see Your face, and know the depth of Your love and grace, In Jesus Name, A-men.


No comments:

Post a Comment