Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Valley of Decision

6/25/17
Scripture
Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision!  For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.

Observation
Multitudes!  All the people of the world, standing before the Lord in judgment.  The Valley of Jehoshaphat is the 'valley of judgment.'  The certainty of doom for those who have not yet opened their hearts to Jesus' love and forgiveness.  
Matthew 9:37-38 The harvest is truly plentiful, but the laborers few!  Pray therefore earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.

Application
The valley of decision is not a safe place!  Pray for those who linger in the valley of decision - that they might come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as Savior!  The judgment of God will come upon those who have NOT made a decision to accept Him as Savior.  
Somehow in my thinking, I always thought, I have all the time in the world to make the decision to follow Jesus or not.  But I have learned, we do not know how much time we have.  

When I was a young girl and very sick in the hospital with appendicitis and double pneumonia - I remember praying to God for help.  I was alone.  Away from home, away from family and the familiar.  I called out to God from my hospital bed - and He heard me.  I got better and got to go home after a surgery and about 50 shots of penicillin!  It was another 12 years or so before I bowed my head and my heart in the living room of Uncle Bruce and Aunt Dottie to open my life to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords who died for me on the cross.  Jesus forgave me of my sins, and gave me a clean heart and hope for my future - relationship with God, a solid marriage, a wonderful family, and He filled me with power when I asked Him for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  
I was able to lead my mom and dad, and brother Billy out of the valley of decision to knowing Christ before they died.  I am so thankful for God's love, grace, and forgiveness!  

Prayer
Father, may I be a vessel fit for Your use in bringing others to know You - to come out of the valley of decision by saying 'YES' to Jesus!  A-men!

No comments:

Post a Comment