Thursday, July 6, 2017

Seek the Lord

7/3/17 
Scripture 
2 Chronicles 26:5  He sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God; as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper.

Observation
Uzziah's success eventually led to pride, and he coveted to have spiritual as well as already having political authority.  Going against God's law, he brought incense into the temple - acting as a priest.  Instead of repenting when confronted, he got angry.  The Lord struck him with leprosy.  God humbled Uzziah.

Application
Seek the Lord.  Guard my heart against stubborn pride and repent of it.  Pride deceives and hardens the heart.  
Romans 12:3 "Do not think yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith."

Prayer
Father, forgive my sinful pride and arrogance.  Help me to seek You all the days of my life.  May You continue to show me areas of my life that I need to repent and submit to You.  In Jesus Name, A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment