Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Passing Visit 3/31/17

Scripture
1 Corinthians 16:7  For I do not want to see you now and make only a passing visit; I hope to spend some time with you . . . 

Observation
A passing visit - a greeting, a wave of the hand - a brief hello.  God doesn't want an informal 'howdy do' from us, anymore than Paul the Apostle did with his friends!  He desires quality time, sweet fellowship, and to commune with Him.  And we need it!

Application
Time with God must be a priority in my life.  Not just a few moments here and there, or having a set devotional time, but to learn to live a life of devotion - 24/7.  To learn to sit at His feet.

Prayer
Forgive me Lord for the busyness of my life and my shallowness in times of reading and worship.  My mind wanders, and I start thinking about all kinds of things.  May I draw near to You dear Lord and will You show me how to live a life of devotion and worship?  I love You Lord.   In Jesus Name, A-men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment